A 50th birthday is one of the biggest milestones in life, especially for women. If a woman you love is turning 50, she needs a celebration. She’s about to enter the time in her life where she’ll become even more confident, fierce, and comfortable in her own skin. Our 50th birthday party ideas for women will help make the start of this amazing chapter in her life memorable.
Throw a 50th birthday party that highlights all the amazing things she has done over the last half century. Celebrate everything that is yet to come. Start here to plan the best 50th birthday party. Our ideas cover everything from food to themes and gift ideas.
50th Birthday Party Ideas
Start by picking a theme to go with the 50th birthday party and add to it. The following ideas go over well with women, yet keep men entertained during the party too.
- Cheers to the Birthday Girl: Create a special signature drink in honor of her 50th.
- Strike a Pose: Set up a photobooth with lots of props from the different decades she’s lived through.
- Dance the Night Away: Have a DJ or band and celebrate her birthday in style. This is perfect for the ladies who love to dance.
- Kids at Heart: Age is just a number, and she feels like a kid at heart. Create a party that her inner child would love. Include lots of balloons, candy and games.
- The Fabulous 50s: The 50’s had great clothes, decor, and music. All of that makes it the perfect 50th birthday party idea for a woman. Have the guests dress in their 1950s finest and rock around the clock with 50s music.
The following 50th birthday ideas for women have a more feminine theme. She’ll be reminded how special she is to her friends and family.
Fabulous, Flirty, Fifty
- Hot Tamale: Women get better with age. Let her know that with this theme based on the play in words. Set out jars of hot tamales and serve spicy foods. Decorate with chili peppers and have everyone wear red (bonus for red pepper prints).
- Aging Like a Fine Wine: If the woman who is turning 50 likes wine, make sure to include plenty on their birthday. Have a wine tasting party and have each guest bring their favorite bottle.
- Global Superstar: This 50th birthday party idea is for the woman who loves to travel. Choose her favorite country and make it the theme for the birthday party. Decorate in the style of the country she yearns to visit (or already has). Include authentic foods from the country dear to transport her for the evening.
- Dessert Table 50: Have a dessert table with 50 of each of her favorite sweets. Include candy, cupcakes, cookies, or any other treat that can be served in multiples of 50.
- A Family Fifty: Focus in her family for this theme. Let your golden gal know just how much she means to her family by displaying years of family photos, serving favorite family recipes, and having all her loved ones with her to celebrate her 50th birthday.
More Fabulous 50th Birthday Party Ideas for Women
- Scavenger Hunt: Have a scavenger hunt with the 50th birthday woman leading the way. Have her find special memories from her life along the way. At the end of the hunt, the final clue will lead her to her 50th birthday party with family and friends.
- Dinner Party: If the guest of honor loves food, have a dinner party. Make sure all their favorite dishes are served and don’t let her lift a finger to help.
- The Year You Were Born: Decorate by going back in time to the year the guest of honor was born. Have the guests dress in clothing from that time period, and serve foods,that were popular that year.
- The Best Decade: Let the birthday girl choose her favorite decade and use that as the theme. From 60’s flower power to an 80’s MTV party, let her go back in time for the night.
Elegant 50th Birthday Party Ideas for Women
If the guest of honor is known for their elegance, you’ll want to celebrate in style.
- Vintage Classic: For a stylish woman of 50, throw a vintage 1920s Gatsby style party. Use art deco style decorations and foods from that era. Have the guests dress in 1920’s themed clothing. Be sure to keep the champagne flowing.
- Golden Girl: Go for the gold with a golden 50th birthday party theme. Decorate with gold balloons, confetti and table decor. Use golden decor like mylar balloons, confetti, and table runners. Have the guest of honor dress in gold to highlight her golden birthday.
- Black and White Formal: This theme is a classic for reason. Use black and white to decorate and choose simple and timeless food and drinks.
- Hollywood Style: Hollywood is all about luxury and excess, so treat the 50th birthday girl with this theme. Have a red carpet and a photo wall for the paparazzi to get great pictures. Have the women wear gowns and the men in suits or tuxes.
Ideas for Gifts
A milestone year deserves a special gift to commemorate it. Look for something highly personal. Either something that triggers fond memories, or a gift with significance. This new chapter in her life may warrant a little defining, so shop appropriately.
- Photo Album: This classic gift perfectly goes well with a 50th birthday party for a woman. It’s a gift she’ll treasure for years to come. You can have a custom book made, pr you can make one by choosing photos from her favorite times.
- Wishes for Everyone: Have everyone special to the guest of honor write a wish for her and place them in a box. Give her a wish bracelet to go along with all the wishes from friends and family.
- A Trip: Is there somewhere she has been wanting to go? Have all guests contribute to a travel fund for the guest of honor. Helping to make her travel dream a reality is a wonderful way to celebrate her 50th birthday.
- Spa Day: Make the good feelings last even longer by giving her a spa day for after the party. She’ll get a day of pampering to follow being the golden girl at her birthday party. Invite friends for an even better treat.
- Decades Bracelet: Present your golden girl with a decades bracelet to commemorate her 5 decades of living. It’s a gift to remind her of her special day and all that’s yet to come.
No matter how big the party is or how many of the 50th birthday party ideas for women you use, remember the most important thing. Spend time with your loved ones. Enjoy the moments, for they make the years and the memories to treasure.
Get more ideas for your birthday bash with our adult birthday party ideas!