There’s nothing like the excitement of expecting a new baby. Whether it’s your own, your grandbaby, or even a friend’s impending delivery; the new arrival deserves a party. Of course, one of the first things on your mind is figuring out a way to celebrate this joyous addition. With baby registries full of everything from the bibs to the bassinet, you need to save money in any way you can. You want to throw a memorable, impressive baby shower, but you also don’t want to break the bank doing it. So, with that in mind, here are 25 ideas for beautiful, yet affordable baby shower decorations.
Which Baby Shower Decorations to Buy
- Balloons – Balloons are the standard work horses of any festive occasion. So, when it comes to affordable decorations, start there. Use them on tables, to line door frames, or even to highlight the chair of honor.
- Streamers – These delicate and versatile staples add life to party decorations. Twist a single stream or fold two together to create a traditional accordion swag.
- Florals – Real flowers are lovely, but pricey. For an elegant look that won’t burst the budget, use just the heads of faux florals in unexpected ways. Add them to centerpieces, napkin rings, or garlands.
- Paper Products – Of course, you need plates, cups, and napkins. Buy coordinating sets in fun colors or patterns to enhance your baby shower look. You can also make them a frugal part of your decor by creating a paper plate backdrop.
- Construction Paper – This may not seem obvious, but construction paper is the most grand of affordable baby shower decorations. Think paper flowers, matching signs, and paper garlands.
- Basic Supplies – Use places like Dollar Tree stores and Walmart to stock up on tape, scissors, fishing line, and other behind the scenes tools that really make a party come together.
Where to Buy Baby Shower Decorations
- Dollar Tree – By now, you’ve seen the party aisle at your local Dollar Tree store, but have you checked out their baby shower decorations? You can find all kinds of party needs like favors, centerpieces, and signs.
- Walmart – The known leader in low prices, Walmart, has you covered for a dazzling array of cheap baby shower decorations. Check out their complete baby shower kits and fun foil balloons.
- Oriental Trading – This popular catalog has all sorts of fun baby shower themes and the supplies to match. Peruse their site for unique ways to fully outfit your party.
- Party City – The name says it all. Party City is the go-to supply store for any party. Their baby shower decorations include themes by gender, gender neutral, and everything you need for a gender reveal.
- Wholesale Party Supplies – This vendor of affordable baby shower decorations has their own spin on baby shower kits as well as tons of stuff for your dessert bar. Need candy and decor for the ever popular candy bar? They have it, plus cake toppers and decorations.
- Birthday Direct – For cheap baby shower decorations that are out of the ordinary, check out Birthday Direct. They even have options for dad baby showers and fun themes like dinosaurs and Harley Davidson bikes.
What Baby Shower Decorations to Make
- Handmade Signs – Give this DIY calligraphy sign a try and make an unforgettable baby shower decoration to hang on a wall, table edge, or backdrop. You could also welcome mom and baby with this cheap and easy party banner.
- Hula Hoop Wreath – You can make this beautiful hula hoop wreath to give your baby shower tables a bit of pop. Try this version to give your guests a fun social media backdrop.
- Giant Letters – Having a super cool prop, like an extra large initial, doesn’t have to be expensive.Use this tutorial or this one to craft the word “baby”, the baby’s name, or even mom’s initial into a larger than life baby shower decoration that will wow your guests.
- Garlands – Add an extra festive feel to your baby shower decorations with this easy to make garland. For a twist, try it with these paper roses.
- Centerpieces – Your baby shower isn’t complete without a focal point. Make it affordable and original with these takes on faux floral arrangements made with cupcake liners or diapers.
- Clouds & Rain – If you take the idea of a baby shower literally, then this DIY decoration is for you. Cut out some raindrop shapes from colorful or just blue paper and attach strings of your drops to an umbrella, white balloons, or puffy tissue paper clouds.
- Hanging Pom Poms – Using coffee filters and just a few supplies, you can create these decorative giant pom poms for a fraction of the cost of buying them from a craft store.
How to Create a Theme
- Color – Yes, you could go with the standard baby shower decorations in blue or pink, but why not choose a pop of color like bright orange or neon yellow? Have guests wear the color of choice to add to the decor without costing you anything.
- Gender – It’s a tried and true route to base your baby shower on the gender of the baby you’re expecting. Pump up the fun with extra girly frills or ultra masculine touches that won’t hurt your wallet.
- Animals – It’s so hard to resist cute baby animal themes. Little owls, elephants, and woodland creatures in sweet colors just make your heart sing. Use one of these baby shower decoration kits to make it easy to pull off.
- Prints – Choose a fun polka dot print for your baby shower theme and just invest in an inexpensive circle punch to make amazing decorations within your budget. With a few well placed yards of fabric and a bit of specialty paper, you could have a budget-friendly houndstooth themed party.
- Destination – Does mom have a dream destination she can’t get to while expecting? Take her there with your baby shower. It’s the cheapest way she could get to Paris or Hollywood.
- Sports – Is baby being born into a family of sports fanatics? Then a sports themed baby shower is perfect! Whether it’s football, baseball, or hockey, you can find a plethora of affordable decorations to suit your budget.
You’ve Got This
There are tons of ways to throw an affordable baby shower with beautiful baby shower decorations . Check out our 50 Baby Shower Ideas to help you add even more individual touches to the shower. You don’t have to be afraid that your budget will keep you from making your baby shower just as lovely as any expensive one. In fact, if done right, guests will think you spent way more than you actually did. Only you will know your secrets to making your party the budget-friendly best.
Thank your hostess by giving her one of the baby shower hostess gift ideas we put together