Baby showers are wonderful events, with a lot of the credit for that going to the hostess. She puts in many hours of planning, preparing, decorating, organizing and more to make sure the mom-to-be and her guests have an amazing time. This is why you should browse our baby shower hostess gift ideas to find the perfect thank you for her.
A gift is a wonderful way to let her know you appreciate all she did to make your day special. Now the question is, what do you give as a baby shower hostess gift to the hostess of your baby shower?
Hostess Gift Ideas
Giving her something special that’s different than the shower favors is telling her that she meant a lot to you. The ideal baby shower hostess gift idea would be something that the hostess can keep as a memento. We came up with a list of gifts we’re sure she’ll love. They’ll let her know just how much you appreciated all her efforts.
- A high quality chocolate filled gift basket. Think Swiss chocolates or other imported creamy chocolates. Add a bottle of wine for the ultimate comfort basket.
- A bottle of her favorite wine. The perfect way to relax after putting in so much work.
- An herb garden. You can buy a kit for her to make an herb garden in her own kitchen. Perfect for a hostess who loves to cook.
- A bath basket. Gather scented bath bombs, a favorite book genre they like, a soft sponge, and a facial mask for an evening of pampering.
- Something personalized. From coffee mugs and wine glasses to snow globes with an engraved plate, the possibilities are endless.
- An Edible Arrangement. These arrangements look like flowers but are filled with ripe, fresh fruits for her to enjoy. You can even get them with chocolate dipped fruits.
- Movie tickets and a gift card for popcorn and a drink to enjoy during the movie. This is one of the baby shower hostess gift ideas you can share with her.
Special Gifts Just for Her
- A figurine or other home decor item. If you know her decorating taste, get her something that she can place in her home that will remind her of your baby shower every time she sees it.
- Picture frame. Buy an especially ornate picture frame and make sure you get a picture of you two together at the shower to put inside it.
- A vintage jewelry box. The prettiest ones are made of silver-toned metal with velvet lining to make storing earrings and bracelets a thing of beauty.
- A coffee table book about a place they’d love to travel to. Has she always wanted to see the castles of England? Take her there through beautiful photographs in a book she’ll treasure.
- Digital picture frame. This is nice if you’ve been friends for quite a while. Add pictures of you two throughout the years of your friendship, letting her know she’ll always be special to you.
- A Winter warmth gift basket. Fill a basket with different flavors of hot cocoa, a pretty mug, add-ins like marshmallows and candy canes. Include fuzzy spa sock-slippers, and delectable treats like Walker’s shortbread cookies. Add a couple magazines so she can curl up in her favorite chair and stay warm in the coldest of nights.
Her Favorite Things
- A cute apron and a dessert recipe book make great baby shower hostess gift ideas for your hostess that’s also a baker. Jessie Steele makes adorable vintage-styled aprons in a variety of fabrics that elevate baking into an experience. Choose a recipe book for her favorite dessert – cake, cookies, or pie so she’ll have lots of new ideas for her next baking day.
- A gift certificate for a manicure, pedicure or massage at her favorite spa.
- Cookie Baking Basket. If she likes to bake, create a basket with all the ingredients to make fabulous cookies. Add a mixing bowl and spatula along with a cute set of potholders for handling hot cookie sheets. Be sure to include the recipe.
- A matching body scent set. Give her the gift of fragrance layering by giving her soap, lotion, body spray and a candle with all the same scent. Bath and Body Works has a great selection, as do many smaller country stores that sell homemade soaps.
- Wind chimes. Wind chimes are a relaxing, beautiful reminder of your special day each time a breeze blows through the chimes. Woodstock Chimes and Corinthian Bells are two brands that make high quality, artisan crafted wind chimes.
- A flower arrangement or plant in a pretty container, delivered to her home. Everyone loves getting flowers, and plants are a living reminder of your shower.
- A dependable classic cookbook. Look for the number one best seller on Amazon. America’s Test Kitchen and Cook’s Illustrated are two all time best sellers. They’re the books that are tried and true and get used over and over again because the recipes work.
Cozy Gifts for the Hostess
- Candles and candle holders. Get a set of votive candles in her favorite scent and put them in pretty votive holders. She can create a grouping or use them individually in different areas of her home.
- A gorgeous hardcover planner. If your hostess is a list maker and super organized, she’ll appreciate a nice planner. Tools4Wisdom sells amazing planners that are book quality, with unique artistic covers. You can find them on Amazon. Add a set of colorful pens to add to her planning enjoyment. These baby shower hostess gift ideas can be used for many years to come because it’s refillable at the beginning of each year.
- A cookie gift box. Cheryl’s cookies puts together incredibly delicious gift boxes for every occasion and lets you choose the assortment so you’re sure to include her favorites
- Coffee gift basket. Create a coffee gift basket with a couple of her favorite coffee blends, some flavored creamers and a nice, hefty mug she can wrap her hands around.
- Infused cooking oils. Perfect for the gourmet cook. You can get everything from garlic infused to truffle infused and dozens of flavors in between. Smaller shopping areas even have olive oil stores that will fill the bottles fresh while you wait.
- Dinner at home gift basket. Put together a gift basket with all the ingredients to make a delicious pasta dinner. Include fresh (not dried) pasta, a gourmet sauce, a pasta fork, some grated cheese, and a bottle of wine.
Gifts That Say Thank You
- An insulated to-go coffee mug. Yeti makes fantastic tumblers that will keep her coffee hot while she’s on the go. They come in a nice assortment of colors so you can choose her favorite. Add a gift card to her favorite coffee spot so she can fill it even when she doesn’t have time to make coffee at home.
- A charm bracelet. Add a few charms that are meaningful to her or to both of you to remind her of your friendship.
- A cocktail kit, with all the ingredients for a yummy cocktail. For example, Peach Bellinis:
- Get a cute basket to put everything in.
- Add a container of peach purée (peach baby food actually works fantastically)
- Include a bottle of Prosecco wine and a champagne flute.
- Add a recipe card with instructions for mixing along with a handwritten thank you card.
- Tart burner and good quality scented tarts. You can get tart burners for every season or style, and the wax melts to go with them. Be sure to get a high quality wax melt (like Yankee Candle) so she can fill her home with whichever wonderful fragrance she enjoys the most.
- Breakfast gift basket. Put together the perfect Sunday morning breakfast basket by giving her gourmet flavored pancake mix, breakfast cookies, coffee, a flavored syrup and juice.
- A picnic basket filled with cheeses, flavored crackers and a bottle of wine.
What to Choose?
If you’re trying to decide between baby shower hostess gift ideas, your can’t go wrong if you choose something that you know she loves and reminds you of her. For the tea drinker, substitute tea for the coffee in that gift basket and add a pretty sugar bowl and spoon to the gift. Is she not a fan of alcohol? Skip the wine in gift baskets and replace it with flavored sparkling waters. Your gift to her should ultimately thank her for all she has done for you, and you have plenty of choices.
Need inspiration for baby’s shower games? Check out our collection of baby shower games your guests will love!